Alternative income tax, initiative statute
Petition instruction sheet
IMPORTANT: Mail Completed Petitions to CA Simple Tax, 14252 Culver Drive, Suite 728, Irvine CA 92604
PRINTING AND COPYING PETITIONS
You may print or photocopy as many blank petitions as you wish. Be sure to photocopy BLANK Petitions from an original (Clean) printed version of the petition. Do not alter the size of the petition, as the law requires all dimensions to remain the same. Be sure to print the signature page on the front side of the petition sheets and the full text page on the back side.
California Law provides very strict guidelines on obtaining invalid initiative petition signatures. Signatures that are improperly collected will be invalid and will not be counted. Please follow directions carefully.
- All signatures on a petition must be by REGISTERED VOTERS of the SAME County that is designated on both sides of the petition. Use separate petitions for each different county.
- If you are not registered to vote you may fill out a voter registration form and send it in and then immediately thereafter sign the petition.
- The person who circulates the petition, even if you only circulate it yourself, must sign each petition at the bottom.
Rules FOR SIGNING
The person signing the petition must follow some simple rules:
- Print your name and residence address, exactly as you are registered to vote on the top line.
- Sign your signature underneath your printed name, and print the name of the city in which you live and your zip code.
RULES FOR CIRCULATING
The person circulating the petition must adhere to the following:
- Witness each person as they sign.
- You do not have to fill in all five signature blocks for the petition to be valid. You may submit your petition with as few as one and as many as five signatures.
- The person circulating the petition MUST fill out two sections of the petition.
- Write the county of residence of the signers in the blank space provided after the petition summary.
- Fill out completely the section entitled: DECLARATION OF CIRCULATOR at the bottom of the petition form.
- That includes printing the circulator's full name, the same name used when the circulator registered to vote, the county of their residence, the address where the circulator is registered to vote and the dates between which the signatures were gathered.
- When all the signatures are gathered, the circulator should sign the bottom of this section; and then write in the date and location of signing.
Please help us gather as many signatures as you can! Please remember that we need time to process and bundle the petitions before the turn-in deadline.
IMPORTANT - Please return your petition ASAP to: CA SIMPLE TAX, 14252 CULVER DRIVE, SUITE 728, IRVINE, CA 92604
QUESTIONS? Contact us by phone at 949-552-9174 (9am-9pm PST) or email Info@CalSimpleTax.org